Sunday, July 26, 2009

50% off Topps at Wal-Mart

Before everyone gets too excited, let me first say that it was only the 2008 Topps Series 1 Retail boxes that were 50% off, but still, $4.97 for 5 PACKS plus 1 EXTRA 3-CARD PACK is a pretty good deal. So what did I get for my $4.97 + tax? I'll let you see for yourself.



Let's start with the 1 EXTRA 3-CARD PACK. It turns out that they are part of a painted set by Dick Perez. I got Joba Chamberlain, Curtis Maybin, and David Wright. Not sure if I even like these cards. Oh well.


Pack #1

Mantle Story #MMS 49

Topps All-Star Rookie Team 50th Anniversary #AR17 Justin Verlander




Pack #2

Campaign 2008 #C08-BR Bill Richardson



Pack #3

Year in Review - Braves/Red Sox Trade Blowouts in DH



Pack #4

OWN THE GAME - Mike Lowell


Pack #5

Mickey Mantle Homerun #533

So I got 6 inserts in 5 packs plus the 3 Dick Perex cards. Not too shabby for around $5. All cards are available for trade. Let me know if you are interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment