Sunday, October 18, 2009

Quarter Cards

Extra funds are low right now but I still need my cardboard fix, so sometimes I will hit up the card shop and just look for some cheap singles. Such was the case on Friday when I stopped at the card shop on the way home from work. I found these cards in a bin marked 4/$1.
-
Here are a few Mark Reynolds cards. I recently decided to start a Mark Reynolds collection. My goal is to get 223 cards of his from 2009, which would be the same as the number of strikeouts that he had this year, setting a single season record.

I would also like to collect the entire Trading Card History insert set from 2008 Topps and I happened to find these 2 cards so i picked them up as well.


The 4/$1 bin that I was looking through had Diamondbacks and for some reason Angels. I found 7 D-Backs cards and needed an 8th card to round out my purchase so I started looking through the Angels cards. I found this one and just had to have it. If you look closely, it looks like Garret is going to make the catch. If you look at the fans, only a couple are actually looking at he ball. How could they miss a play like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment