Sunday, August 8, 2010

Box Break: 2008 UD Masterpieces

I have seen many a 2008 UD Masterpieces box breaks on blogs over the past year. I have admired the quality of the cards from afar, but it wasn't until this past Friday that I, myself,  partook of the goodness that is, 2008 UD Masterpieces. The base cards are stunning, to say the least. Here are a few examples of the base cards. These are the SP's that I got.

Joe Carter - Cal Ripken Jr.


Nolan Ryan


Lou Brock - Dave Windfield - Frank Robinson


The framed version of the base cards are even better. Here are the framed cards that I got. 4 black, 1 red and 1 brown

Jake Peavy
Ozzie Smith


Bill Mazeroski - Rod Carew (multiple bat card for my collection)


Yogi Berra


Victor Martinez (#'d 95/100)


And here are my 1 jersey card and 1 auto per box, as promised. I wish I would have done better on the jersey, but I am happy with the auto (Yankees trade/sell well).

Captured on Canvas Matt Cain


Strokes of Genius - Graig Nettles

2 comments:

  1. That's a great Nettles card. You probably want to keep it, but if not, let me know and we can work out a trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, very nice box, love the Nettles if you ever want to move it. Longlivethewho gets first dibs though haha

    ReplyDelete