Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Bunch of 2008 Goudey Packs

Last week I purchased 8 packs of 2008 Goudey from my local card shop for $1.50 each. I pulled a Jersey in the first 8 packs, so I went back for another 8 and then after that I just finished off what was left in the $1.50 box. I think I ended up with about 20 packs. Here is some of what I got.

JASON BAY Jersey


Hit Parade of Champions 2008 DON MATTINGLY


JAKE PEAVY SP


Sport Royalty BARRY SANDERS and MAGIC JOHNSON


I like the design used for all of the base cards, but something just feels right about seeing retired players on these cards. They have a pretty big selection and surprisingly they're not all Yankees.




2 comments:

  1. Upper Deck did a nice job with these, though my favorites would still be the 2007 which were all the mini size and didn't have Jeter and Griffey on every card. You got a nice selection of retired players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you're going to get a jersey piece, you could do much worse than Bay. I've always liked this set too. I bought a bunch a couple of years ago and still wish I would've built the entire base set.

    ReplyDelete