Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Don Mattingly Autograph

The first Little League team I ever played on was the Yankees. Since we didn't have a team where I lived, the New York Yankees became my favorite team and Don Mattingly became my favorite player. My room quickly became adorned with a Mattingly picture and pennant. I sent him a fan letter and recieved autopen signed photo back in the mail. I tried to get all of his cards. I was a big Mattingly fan! Today I took the day off in hopes of meeting Donnie Baseball and getting him to sign a ball. Mission accomplished! Mattingly manages the Phoenix Desert Dogs of the Arizona Fall League and today they were in Peoria, Arizona taking on the Peoria Javelinas. After batting practice I was able to get Mr. Mattingly to sign my ball. I couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I went to a game and got Mattingly yesterday.

    moe.

    ReplyDelete