Tuesday, February 14, 2012

D-Backs Fan Fest Recap: Part 2

In Part 1 of my D-Backs Fan Fest Recap I mentioned the frustration that I experienced trying to purchase autograph tickets. My buddy and I got up early and waited outside for over 3 hours and got nothing. I immediately started asking who I could speak to about the situation. I was referred to someone that was supposed to be on the field at a Customer Relations booth. When we got to the booth they didn't know where that person was so we were directed back up to the Customer Relations department in the actual stadium. I explained the situation to a couple of people working at the desk and one of them called a manager. We waited for him to arrive and then I explained my frustration with how things were handled. He apologized and said they would take my feedback and suggestions into consideration for next year. He actually offered us a couple of tickets to get Joe Paterson and Joe Saunders at 2:15 pm, but by this time we were not in the mood to wait another three hours so we declined. He then did something that really surprised me. He asked if there was a player that we would like him to get an autograph from and send to us. We of course said yes and he gave us his business card and told us to email him with who we would like and our addresses. I mentioned Justin Upton and he said that was fine. When I got home I sent him an email asking for either Justin Upton or Paul Goldschmidt. On Monday he responded to my email, thanking me for the feedback and letting me know that he would be sending out an autograph sometime this week. He didn't mention which player or what it would be, so I'm really excited to see what happens next. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog. It's awesome. Piratesfest offers free autographs to all fans which is the most amazing thing ever for a Pirates fan. It's the reason why I drive 5 hours to the fest. Best of luck getting that Upton auto.

    ReplyDelete