Tuesday, July 3, 2012

State of the Blog

With just under half the year remaining it's time to double my efforts at completing my 2012 Card Collecting Goals. My biggest stumbling block right now is getting everything organized (Card Collecting Goals #14). I've got tomorrow off because it's the 4th of July and I'm taking Thursday and maybe Friday off because of my birthday, then I've got the weekend, so that should give me some time to work on getting things organized.

I would also like to diversify my collection as well. Right now I pretty much just collect the D-Backs. Sure I'm working on my 3000 Hit Club Bat Card Collection (Card Collecting Goals #2), but that is coming along pretty slowly. I think I might start a Hall of Fame collection. Nothing big, I'm just going to start a binder of Hall of Famers. Right now I'm thinking that I'll do it by induction year and just have one card of each player/person. I'm also thinking about trying to get a trifecta of a few players that I like or have liked over the years. Players like Dale Murphy and Don Mattingly.

I also want to send out another batch of ttm autograph requests. I've haven't really gotten any ttm returns in a while and it would be nice to see some SASE in the mailbox every once in a while. plus I think I'm still a few away from my goal (Card Collecting Goal #1).

Finally, I need to figure out what should stay and what should go. I've got to be more active selling on eBay if I want to be able to ever pick up a 1997 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. Jersey Card (Card Collecting Goal #15). They don't come up at auction very often, so when it does I want to be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment