Friday, January 18, 2013

Catching Up

I've got some catching up to do on my blog. I'm way behind on things and it's not helping my 2013 goals of getting my collection organized. I'm going to attempt to "catch up" on things with this post. So here goes.

 First, I'm going to finish up my comc.com purchase from late December. I attended the Home Run Derby and All-Star game in 2011 here in Phoenix, so I really like the 2011 Topps Update All-Star Workout Jersey cards. I picked up these three for a couple bucks each.




Next, are three 1998 Topps Etch A Sketch cards. I remember when these came out there was an article in Beckett about the kid who did these. Still can't believe that these were actually done on an Etch A Sketch. I'd love to get the whole set. if you have any you'd like to trade let me know. 


And my last item from my comc.com purchase was a 2003 Donruss Greats Lou Brock Bat card for my 3000 Hit Club Bat Card collection. 18 down, only 10 more to go!


Speaking of my 3000 Hit Club Bat Card Collection. I picked up this 2001 Upper Deck Hall of Famers Bat Card of George Brett at my LCS a few weeks back for $8 to add to my collection. Now only 9 more to go! They are Pete Rose, Tris Speaker, Cap Anson, Honus Wagner, Eddie Collins, Nap Lajoie, Derek Jeter, Craig Biggio, and Rod Carew.

My son had a little Christmas money and he picked up this sweet Chris Young Triple Threads Bat Auto numbered to 75 off eBay a couple weeks back for just under $8 shipped.

One of my co-workers used to play minor league ball for the St. Louis Cardinals organization. He knows I'm a big baseball fan and that I collect cards so he had been talking about bringing me in one of his cards. Earlier this week he brought me, not just his card but a 2003 Johnson City Cardinals Team Set. It was cool to here him talk about his time in the minor leagues and I had him sign his card for me. A few of his teammates made it to the big leagues including Daric Barton and Jason Motte, although Motte was a catcher at the time. Here is the team set.





















Here is the card after he signed it for me. I thought it was cool that even after 10 years he still put his jersey number. When I asked him about it, he said he always put his jersey number. 


Next up are two D-Backs Bobble Heads from the 2001 season that I picked up for $10 each at my LCS a week or so before Christmas. I got Randy Johnson and Mark Grace. These are my 27th and 28th different D-Backs stadium give-away bobble heads and are my first from the 2001 season. I also picked up a Bob Melvin bobble head before Christmas from an Antique Mall for like $2, but I seemed to have misplaced it.

Next up is a email TTM success. I don't send a ton of email requests so I don't keep track of when I sent the request, but it was a while ago. It's a football success from former NFL player and Super Bowl winning coach Tony Dungy. He sent a signed 8 x 10 photo!


And finally, I picked up these two cards out of a quarter box on a recent trip to my LCS.



I'll finish up my post with a few random thoughts. 

I picked up a 2006 and 2010 Topps D-Backs set off eBay for $4 total shipped. I'm trying to get all the Topps base D-Backs cards from 1997 - current. I won't show them off, but if I at least mention it then I won't feel like I need to post pictures. 

2013 Baseball Hall of Fame: I'm glad that Bonds and Clemens didn't get in, but was disappointed that Piazza  and Biggio didn't make it. 

Can't wait for Spring Training to start! 24 days until pitchers and catchers report!

Hope that D-Backs Fan Fest will go better this year than last year. February 9th.

I put a deposit down on front row D-Backs tickets for the game that is on my birthday. Really excited about that. Last year, my oldest son and I went and had those same seats and he got Miguel Montero's warm-up ball and we ended up with the first home run ball of Dodgers rookie Elian Herrera that we traded him for an autographed game-used bat. It will be hard to top that, but a guy can dream right?

Okay, I think I'm all caught up.  

2 comments: