Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spring Training Autograph Success: Arizona Diamondbacks

I took the day off work because one of my boys had a something going on at his school this morning. After that I one of my other boys to the Diamondbacks practice facility in Scottsdale. We got a few nice autographs. My sons have team balls that they are working on, so my son added Matt Reynolds to his team ball.

We got Matt Williams on a card while he was walking in between fields. He didn't seem like he wanted to stop, but he did sign one card for us very quickly.


Next, we got Brad Snyder on a card. A couple of weeks ago when we went have gave my boys his batting gloves and so I have been on the look out for him since. I found one card of him in an Indians uniform and that's what we had him sign.


After Snyder I was able to get Paul Goldschmidt to sign a card. I felt like an idiot because I asked him for an autograph and he stopped, but then I had a hard time finding his cards. He signed this Gypsy Queen card for me.


Most of the players had gone in, but Aaron Hill and Jason Kubel stayed behind for some extra batting practice. They both signed after they were done. They each signed two cards for us, but were both the exact same cards so I won't show the doubles. Jason Kubel gave my son a ball, which was really cool!



Not too many autographs, but some really nice ones and we had never gotten Kubel in person before so that was really exciting! Next we are off to a Cox Communications store to meet the 2006 NL Cy Young Award Winner and one of my all-time favorite D-Backs, Brandon Webb. Then later we will head over to an Oakley store to try to get Jurickson Profar.











1 comment: