Sunday, September 29, 2013

I know. I'm obsessed.

On Friday my wife and I went to the Diamondbacks game. The Arizona Lottery had a promotion a week before where if you bought a $10 scratchers ticket you got two free tickets to the game and a meet and greet with D-Back alumni. After buying the scratchers ticket (paid $10 and won $15) and getting my D-Backs tickets I saw fellow blogger, Moe of the blog My 2008 Topps Set Blog, in line. He told me that he had emailed and asked which D-Backs alumni would be there. He said that it would be Augie Ojeda and Doug Davis. A big thank you to Moe for that and also for pointing out at the event that our tickets were each loaded with $10 in D-Bucks that could be used for food or merchandise at the ballpark! I'll show off what I got with the D-Bucks on a different post.

It was great knowing who was going to be there so I could find some stuff. Augie Ojeda doesn't have a lot of cards in the first place and I had met him last month at a different promotion, so I didn't have anything else for him to sign, but I was able to find some Doug Davis cards, 23 Doug Davis cards to be exact.

Now I know what you're thinking.....there are only 22 cards below. Well I didn't want to have one card all by itself and it was another of the O-Pee-Chee cards, so I felt like it was okay not to include it.

You might also be thinking that having someone sign 23 cards all at once is a bit much. I know. I'm obsessed. I can't deny it. I just love getting autographs. I don't sell any autographs that I get. I don't really even like to trade autographs that I get in person. For me it is about the experience.

When I met Doug Davis I told him that I had brought a bunch of cards, but told him I would be fine with however many he wanted to sign. He was super nice and said he would sign all of them.



















Here are the pictures that were provided at the event, which are very similar to the other photos that the D-Backs have been using this year but are yellow and have the Arizona Lottery logo one corner.



1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you were not only able to come up with 23 cards but that they're all D-Backs cards.

    ReplyDelete