Thursday, July 17, 2014

TTM Success: Carl Erskine

I knew that Carl Erskine signed ttm and have wanted to get him for a while, but didn't have any cards to send him. As I was going through my cards to look for cards for my mini collections, I found two 2010 Topps cards that features Ebbets Field. I did some research and discovered that the two no hitters that Erskine threw were at Ebbets Field so I sent him the two cards and asked him to add a no hitter inscription to each card. He added both no hitter inscriptions to each card and I think they turned out great. I can't remember exactly when I sent the cards out, but I know they came back in about a week.



Erskine sent this back as well. It's a postcard advertising his book. I'm going to have to check it out. Looks like it would be a great read!


3 comments:

  1. I have his book. It's filled with Dodger goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read that book. Good stuff. Nice card choice for him to sign. I should really try a TTM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the ttm looks great. i also sent that card to him a couple of years ago. i had rocky bridges sign it, too. i thought about sending it to roger craig as well, but haven't done so yet.

    ReplyDelete