Sunday, September 28, 2014

Commenting on cards from The Dutch Card Guy (Part #5)

The Dutch Card Guy recently sent me a package from overseas and I'm going to finish up my commentary on it.

There were a couple of Goldschmidt cards, which are always appreciated! I saw that Goldschmidt took batting practice yesterday for the first time since braking his hand. He should be good to go by Spring Training.



There were also a couple of Brandon Webb cards for my player collection. 



Next up are a couple of Miguel Montero RC's. Montero is one of my favorite current D-Backs. 



Here's a Gerardo Parra card that I had never seen before. Hard to even tell that it's Parra from the picture. 


The only non D-Backs cards in the package from The Dutch Card Guy were two 1996 Pinnacle Aficionado cards. These cards are awesome and I'm glad they found their way into the package!

The head shot on the front of the card is textured. 

Check out the back. The stats include First Baseman Averages from 1970, 1985, and 1995 for comparison against the actual player. Not sure why they went with 1970 rather than 1975, but still a great concept! Then you get the nickname!


No comments:

Post a Comment