Saturday, November 8, 2014

2003 Fleer Splendid Splinters

One of the boxes of cards that I got recently from a friend was 2003 Fleer Splendid Splinters. As I've mentioned he opened the box and took the relics/autos and left everything else.

This set is only 90 cards. Here is card #1 from the set. Eckstein was part of the 2002 Angels team that won the World Series, which is probably why he got the distinction of being the first card in the set.


This box yielded me the entire 90 card set, which was nice.

As far as I know this was the only year that Fleer produced the Splendid Splinter set. 

There are a couple of inserts that go along with the name of the set.

First up is a wood parallel. This Mark Prior is numbered on the back, 054/499.


Next up is a 2003 Fleer Splendid Splinters - Splendid Splinters wood insert card of Barry Bonds. It's not numbered.


There were a few other inserts sets. 

I really like the Family Tree inserts. The Building Blocks cards are a little to busy for my liking. 








No comments:

Post a Comment