Sunday, January 4, 2015

Thoughts on a Sunday Afternoon (Part 1)

I hope to make this a regular feature on my blog where I recap the week. I'll share an overview of things with my family, sports, and pop culture.

My family and I spent New Years Eve at my niece's house with my family celebrating her birthday. My niece is a Red Sox fan and has a couple of nice Red Sox items up in house. I should have taken a picture. Next time. We shot off fireworks and had a great time!

We didn't stay until midnight though because we didn't want to be on the roads that late, so we celebrated midnight at home.

On New Years Day we took the kids to McDonald's. These came in the kids Happy Meals. I've got three kids. We ended up with 2 Vikings.




















After McDonald's we went to an antique mall called the Brass Armadillo. I've picked up several D-Backs bobbleheads from here in the past and was hoping to find another one.

As luck would have it, they were having a promotion where everyone got a chance to throw a plastic cookie at a target and then you get a percentage off. 5%, 10%, 15%, or 20%. My wife got us 20% off our entire purchase.

I found one bobblehead that I needed, a 2010 Miguel Montero. It was priced at $10, so with the 20% off I got it for $8. This was a bargain. For some reason this bobblehead rarely even comes up on ebay and usually sells for $20 - $25 shipped or more when it does.


Here is the actual bobblehead. I now only need 6 more!


Yesterday was busy. Went to a card show with my oldest son in the morning. On the way there I had an idea that I think I'll try in 2015. A 9 pocket page of each 2015 product in a 2015 Binder. So 9 cards from each product; Topps, Opening Day, Finest, GQ, A&G, Donruss, Prizm, Triple Threads, Museum Collection, etc. Dynasty might be a little tough though. I think it would be cool to flip through a binder and see cards from every set produced that year.

After the card show my wife and I dropped the kids off at my parents house and went on a date. One of the things I want to do in 2015 is to try at least one new restaurant each month. We tried a place called India Garden that we pass by all the time and constantly say we should try. We didn't know, but for lunch it is a buffet, here is my first of two plates.


I can't tell you what any of it is called, but it was great! We both really enjoyed it!

After lunch we went to a play. My wife's favorite movie growing up was Mary Poppins so for Christmas I got her front row tickets to Mary Poppins at the Phoenix Theatre. Here we are in the lobby.


My wife really enjoyed it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I only fell asleep twice. I really did fall asleep, but not because it was bad, just because I was tired.

After the play we went back to my parents house and watched the Cardinals vs. Panthers game. We had recorded it. So disappointing to see the Cardinals come season come to an end like that.

I've been on vacation for the past two weeks and will be returning to work tomorrow. This will limit the time I will be spending on my blog and reading others posts, but I'll still find some time to post regularly and keep reading everyone else's blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on taking another bobbler off the wantlist. I can see why that one doesn't come up on ebay very often as it's a sweet looking bobblehead.

    ReplyDelete