Tuesday, July 19, 2016

TTM Tuesday

Only one TTM this past week, but it's a unique one.

I recently watched a video about how the Baseball Hall of Fame plaques are made. I had never really thought about it before, but it was really interesting.

After a little research I discovered that the sculptor that had been doing the plaques had recently retired and Tom Tsuchiya had taken her place. Check out his web site. He is super talented and has done work for the MLB and the NFL among other things. This year is the first year that Tom is responsible for the plaques.

With Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza, my two all-time favorite players, both being inducted this coming Sunday, I contacted Tom and asked him if I could send him a index card for him to sign. He was really nice and agreed. I sent him index cards for my boys as well.

Tom sent a nice note,signed the cards, and added a little drawing to each card.










2 comments: