Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy Labor Day!

It's Labor Day and So I thought it would be appropriate that I feature a card that I sold over the weekend and the rest of the box it came from.

Two Saturdays ago my boys and I went to the LCS and we bought a box of 2016 Topps Bunt. Initially I split the box with my oldest, but he didn't pull anything noteworthy and was disappointed, so I told him I would buy the whole box. This way I got a complete set. I actually like the basic design and think they would look great signed.

I did pull this card though that is numbered to 75 and is listed at just 1 per 1,399 packs.


















I listed it on ebay the next day and it sold yesterday for more than I paid for the entire box.

In addition to the entire 200 card set I got a plethora of inserts including this Paul Goldschmidt for my collection.



I also added this Ken Griffey Jr. insert to my collection as well.



Overall, at less than $1 per pack, I was very pleased with the box. Not sure how I'd feel though if I hadn't pulled the Giants card. Well, I better get to the post office to get it mailed off. Happy Labor Day everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love pulling one card that ends up paying for the entire box. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig then Program magazine looking card and a Griffey card to boot.

    ReplyDelete