Saturday, January 28, 2017

99 cents for a card numbered to 99. Sure...I'll take 3.

I recently came across this listing for 2015 5 x 7 Topps Archives '68 game insert cards numbered to 99 on ebay and was pleasantly surprised to see that the Goldschmidt was only 99 cents with Free Shipping, so I bought the two that were available. Why did I buy two? I'm not sure.

After paying the seller messaged me saying he had another one listed separately and if I made an offer of 99 cents he would accept the offer. I think he had it listed at $2.99. I bought it and was notified that everything was shipped, even before I paid for the last card. Two days later the three cards ended up in my mailbox. safe and sound, in giant 5 x 7 penny sleeves.



















I hate that the card Goldschmidt was featured on says "FLY OUT". That's why I've yet to pick up the regular card.

I'm not sure what these cost originally when purchased from Topps. I think it may have only been available as a set, but I'm not sure. If you know, please let me know. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. They're cool but after seeing the design for almost 50 years they look strange without the rounded corners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention the corners they do stick out.

      Delete
  2. Cool looking cards and good deal. I always struggle storing 5x7s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm going to have to buy some top loaders for them. They aren't easy to find and usually about 75 cents - $1 each. Just as much as the cards themselves.

      Delete