Friday, January 6, 2017

January 6th - Cuddle Up Day

Today is Cuddle Up Day and this very awkward 1993 Upper Deck SP card of Dennis Martinez seems to fit as closely as any card I can think of.


At first glance I thought that this card featured two teammates "cuddling up", but the more I look at it the more I wonder if this might be Martinez's son. Martinez was born in 1955, so if this photo was taken in 1992 or 1993 then he would have been 36 or 37 years old. That would mean he could have a son who was 16 - 18 years old, maybe a little older.

Do you have any cards that would be appropriate for Cuddle Up Day? Let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I think it must be his son, because if it was a another player they would probably be dressed in baseball gear. This young man seems to be wearing a dress shirt.
    I can think of a couple other cards with the player and their toddler on the same card, but none where they are cuddling up.

    ReplyDelete