Saturday, February 25, 2017

Finishing off a mini team set!

Julie, of the blog A Cracked Bat: Baseball Cards and a Hot Dog, sent me a package recently with some awesome D-Backs cards. Thanks again Julie!

Part of the package was a near complete D-Backs team set of 2015 Topps mini cards. The only card missing was the Yasmany Tomas RC.


Since it was only missing one card, I quickly added it to my cart on comc and it came in a recent shipment.

I'm a bit torn when it comes to team sets. I would love to have every D-Backs card ever issued, and thus have every team set, but I just don't see it happening, so I rarely go after team sets.

But then again, when I come across a team set at a great price or am gifted one, as was the case with this one from Julie, I hesitate breaking it up and sorting it by player, which is how most of my D-Backs cards are sorted.

How about you? Do you collect team sets? How do you sort cards of your favorite team, by set or by player? Let me know.

6 comments:

  1. I team collect the Indians, and I collect any and all cards of the Indians. My main focus right now is completing team sets, but that means I have close to 100 wantlists. But it is fun chasing cards to complete a set. I also collect individual cards of the Indians. I have wanted to ask you for quite awhile about maybe working out a team trade...I get around some Diamondbacks for you in exchange for Indians cards. Would you be interested in that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always up for a trade. Do you have a list of what Indians cards you need?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my lists the old fashioned way...pen and paper. My lists range from early 80s to present, regular issued sets to oddball. You can email me at tim(underscore)gretchen(underscore)marriage@yahoo.com and we can talk some more about a possible trade.

      Delete
  3. I collect team sets of the Pirates, but I have rules regarding them. I have binders of all Donruss, Stadium Club, Upper Deck, and Topps flagship containing complete sets 1974 to current. I am close to completing flagship Fleer. The side releases UD SP, Fleer Ultra, Allen & Ginter, Heritage, Leaf, etc are all nice to get but I don't chase them. I typically wait a few months after Series 1 Topps comes out and buy a master team set from RKCollectibles on ebay. Same for Series 2. This allows me time to continue focusing on my player collections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I team collect Braves (the overall #1 goal of my collection"S". However, I also build sets so I have to have at minimum 2 of every Braves card at least from the main base brands. I say at least because of the countless mini sets, and Franken Sets. But if I could only do 2 collections it would be the team sets and set builds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure why Yasmany wasn't in the batch I sent but glad you found it! I do collect Tiger team sets if they can be assembled at reasonable prices. If not, I add cards to my PCs.

    ReplyDelete