Thursday, September 7, 2017

Beckett Baseball Card Monthly November 1998 - Page 2

Page 2 of the November 1998 issue of Beckett Baseball Card Monthly features a letter written by Jeff Amano, the President of Beckett, about Beckett CEO and Publisher Dr. James Beckett III.

In very small print on the right side of the page is all the publishing and legal information that magazines are required to disclose


The letter discusses Dr. Beckett's recent induction into the National Sports Collectors Convention's Hall of Fame. It gives an in depth look into the humble beginnings of the Beckett empire. 

I've never been to "the National", but I had no idea that there was a NSCC Hall of Fame. I tried searching for information about it online, but wasn't able to come up with anything. I reached out to NSCC on twitter and on their web site, but as of this posting I haven't heard anything back.

Were you aware of the National Sports Collectors Convention Hall of Fame?

Here's a look back and ahead at the locations of the National Sports Collectors Convention.



Who's been to the National before. Comment below. If it ever comes back out west, I'm definitely going.

4 comments:

  1. I went to Parsippany in 1984. I suspect it's a lot bigger today, but it was very exciting. Lots of autographs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to go, which is a shame since it's been to Chicago so often. Money and time are always a factor. Hopefully in 2019...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never gone to one... and probably never will... unless it comes back to the Bay Area. NSCC HOF? That's pretty funny. I'd love to see who has been enshrined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went in 2006. I'd consider going again but only on the West Coast.

    ReplyDelete