Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Do you have a player that you collect that nobody else does?

Ryan Roberts signed a minor league deal with the Diamondbacks in the winter of 2008 and made the 2009 Opening Day roster. 2011 was his most memorable season with the D-Backs, but half way through the 2012 season he was designated for assignment and was gone. He didn't start his career with the D-Backs or end his career with the D-Backs, but it was during his time with the D-Backs that I started collecting him. 

I also collect players like Ken Griffey Jr., Mike Piazza, Paul Goldschmidt etc., but lots of people collect those players. I don't know anyone else that collects Ryan Roberts. 

Do you have a player that you collect that nobody else does?

About a month or so ago I got a comc order in the mail. When placing the order I went through all available Ryan Roberts cards on comc and checked them against what I already have. I was able to find 4 cards to add to my Ryan Roberts PC.





13 comments:

  1. I have two such player collections. In baseball, it is a collection of Richie Sexson and in football, it is Matt Leinert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd wager not many other than me collect Todd Stottlemyre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it's Rodney Hampton. Unless someone collects him for Georgia Bull Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brad Sorensen. He was the first ever draft pick from my alma mater and I doubt too many people have heard of him. I'd guess not too many people like collecting Jeff Conine, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know, I'll keep an eye out for any and all Ryan Roberts from now on for you :).

    And I suppose that guy for me would be Luis Torrens lol. His shoulder surgery that took away his 2015 season scarred off a lot of the investment types and him going to the Padres only made him less collectible. Padres fans hate Torrens (they don't have a ton of taste in general so it's no surprise) so I'm the only individual collecting him it seems. Or at least the only public one lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These kinds of guys comprise about half my player collections. I can't imagine many other people collect the likes of Travis Ishikawa, Casey Kotchman, Mike Easler, etc. (the list goes on and on).

    ReplyDelete
  7. There probably aren't a lot of Jon Singleton collectors out there, but I occasionally get outbid on one of his cards, so maybe there is another person out there who hasn't given up on him yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Russ Davis. Chris Enochs. Darrell Whitmore. Josh Judy. David Carpenter. So, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frank Catalanotto comes to mind. At this point, I do have every card available - autos, 1/1s. Next guy on the list would prob be Manwaring. I just started collecting him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a lot of Cutch collectors out there (not as crazy as me though), but I have yet to run across another Charlie Morton collector.

    ReplyDelete